If your skin is suffering from the effects of neglect, too much sun and even too much partying, it might be time to make a clean start and bring your skin back to life. Here are our top 3 tips to rejuvenate dull, tired skin at home.
1. HYDRATE: It sounds simple and it is! Drinking lots of water throughout the day will help to ward off dehydration as well as flush harmful toxins from your body. Well-hydrated skin is also more plump, supple and glowy, which means you look younger.
2. CLEANSE: Cleansing regularly (and properly) is imperative to any good skincare routine as it removes dead skin cells, built-up impurities and excess oil. Removing these nasties makes way for a glowing, fresh complexion that will appear more youthful. Just make sure you choose the right cleanser for your skin type.
These are some of our favourites:
– Environs Sebuwash: Ideal for skin that is prone to breakouts or congestion.
– Societe Pure Cleanser: Suited to most skin types.
– Cosmedix Gentle Cleanser: Perfect if your skin is particularly dehydrated or sensitive.
3. ENHANCE: Add a face mask to your routine once a week. Face masks are easy to use at home and will help hydrate your skin, draw out impurities, remove excess oils and reduce the appearance of pores. There are plenty on the market so do your research and find one that suits your skin needs.
Our top picks are:
– Cosmedix Detox Mask: A charcoal-based mask to draw out impurities, dirt and excess oil.
– Societe Sheet Masks: Perfect for hydrating and plumping skin (perfect for flights)
– Cosmedix Glow: A brightening mask for a more clear, luminous-looking complexion.
Choosing the right products for your particular skin type and concerns is really important, as the wrong product/s can often cause irritation. If you’re unsure which product/s are right for you, book a skin consultation with one of skin therapists HERE.